Fear




“How do you feel about me?” The question I knew was coming, but tried so hard to avoid. As I scramble to find an answer to fill the silence, my delay makes the moment even more awkward. My true feelings surface and in my mind I think “I really like you & I want a relationship”. But before the words could reach my tongue, they get stuck in my throat and I choke as I mumble, “I don’t know”, with uncertainty. This is followed by another awkward silence then an abrupt change in subject. Why am I so afraid to say how I truly feel? This fear may be due to the fact that the last time I confessed my true feelings, they were balled up, stepped on and thrown in the trash for the flies to nibble on... That may be a little melodramatic, but that’s how bad it hurt! This fear has brought the love life of millions of girls, to a standstill. “Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” -Fulton Oursler. I could not have said that any better. With fear in your heart, you will never be able to move beyond the position you are in. 
                                    “The key to change... is to let go of fear.” - Rosanne Cash

If the above scenario sounds rather familiar, it is because many of us have been there before. Led to this feeling called fear, we shield our hearts from pain and heartache while those who wish to show us that not all guys/girls are the same are blocked out. Consequently, our emotions and feelings towards that person are never brought to surface because of fear. Fear of having our hearts trampled on by someone who promised that they would never do such a thing. While this remains a sad reality a blessing about life is that with every experience emerges a stronger you. No one wants their heart broken but if you find yourself with one, know that opening it up to love again will mend it back together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment